SO faMESHed opens tomorrow! (which means Collabor88 is only 8 days awayyyyy) I HAD to show off a blazer for this round from The Secret Store (Maylee Oh) “Oh how I love thee let me count the ways” First of all I can ALWAYS appreciate a well made blazer, but what made me fall in love was the textures and colors, there are 8 different colors (I took a grabilla here to show!) and the inside of the blazer is this soft vintage floral color that makes you want to show if off a bit like “oh you think the outside is fly?!? BAM look at the inside!” I think I’ve gone on about it enough, make sure to pick this blazer up tomorrow at the faMESHed May round!!!
Next I want to talk about this Garden Cafe Caravan…. let me just say…. it’s so freaking adorable!!!! There are so many options I don’t even think I can talk about them all without missing something, there is texture change, it’s multi sit for up to 5 people, there are TONS of props, the stools are separate and have their own animations and props. All via menu which is awesome because I hate the spam pop ups for props, instead you pick what you want from the menu and pick the pose to match and you are done! There are props for food and props for the animations like sponges and plates and such. The clock on the wall can be set to any timezone aaand there are parts that omit light if you choose you want to shine a lil light on the party! I want to throw a legit mini garden tea party just use this! I’m so in love with What Next lately aaannndddd word on flickr issssss this is coming soon! Which is funny because I said I hoped rideable mesh bikes were not far away! and here they come! What Next is making me a happy happy girl!
I love Berry’s memes and I haven’t been able to do many because I’ve been busy in rl, but I wanted to show my support by completing her “Why Do I Blog Meme”
- How long have you been blogging? Since February 2012 under Kid Friendly Fashion aaaannnddd Since July 2012 under Pixel Pantomime
- Why did you start blogging? (I guess I’ll answer this twice for both blogs) Well I’ve always loved taking photos in SL, but I never really did much with them so I thought well hm I’ll just create a blog and play with clothing (any excuse to shop) maybe introduce people to items they hadn’t seen and all will be well in the world. After a couple months of being completely bored with kid’s blogging (not much comes out for kids that alllllaaa kids don’t already have, so I really wasn’t ‘helping’ anyone) I took a couple photos that turned on a lightbulb above my head as I was editing them (Photo 1 & Photo 2) I realized how fun it was to have this idea in your head and just kinda run with it, using items you already own and wearing them in ways you either normally wouldn’t or hadn’t yet, and showing others a different way to wear those same items that they also may have or having them to run and buy them. It’s a great feeling when your art is appreciated and honestly at that time in my life I felt zero appreciation from every angle I could imagine, in my RL and SL. I think back to that now when people ask me why I blog. I did it because it gave me sunshine during the rain, and a creative outlet for all my emotions that I felt I couldn’t express verbally. I know that sounds a bit emo or deep, but it’s true. When I first started so many people downed me for wanting to blog, you wouldn’t even believe the crap I dealt with, when people should have been happy for me, they only thought selfishly of how it was taking my attention off of them, but I wasn’t going to stop, no way no how. SORRRYYYY BOOUTTTT ITTTTTTTT!
- How many times a week do you post an entry? Usually about 3 times a week. I’ve been busy a lot as of lately so I have been just blogging items that I receive.
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Honestly I never really go to certain blogs just to read them (cept Berry’s), flickr is my window into the fashion world, I go through flickr, see something I like, fav it, and click the blog link.
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I have a couple times, but I really should do more of it, I admire looooootsssss of bloggers and what better way to show it!
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Yessum, I usually check to compare with past post to see what people liked from one that they didn’t from another. Trying to find that missing element to keep improving myself.
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? No I don’t think I’ve ever really said anything to enrage anyone or vaguely take stabs or anything petty like that.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I show some of my personality with what I write, but I definitely could show more because I don’t usually just ramble, it’s like “O.K. here is the outfit and here is where you can get it”
- Do you blog under your real name? Nope! I thought about it once because I’m a huge make up lover in RL and wanted to show tuts and products etc buutt it never happened, maybe in the future!
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? Anything that starts an argument NOOOO THANK YOU! This is my blog for enjoyment not to get attention because it has turned into a platform for fighting or arguing. I feel if I ever reach that point where I’m crying out for that kind of attention (never gonna happen but I’m just saying) then it’s time to shut my blog down and call it a day. So many people waste time talking ill about people, events, designers and creators in SL that they haven’t even come in contact with, just have an opinion about, and I like to say “Everyone with a keyboard thinks what they rule the net” (keyboard confidence I like to call it). I would never say something on my blog or the internet in general that I would not say to your face in real life. Simple.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? I usually only talk about fashion and fashion events, time to time I may share something like a friend getting married or something of the sort, but it is not often, think I’ve done it once.
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? No
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? Most of my SL prior to blogging was sitting on an empty lot of land changing my outfit 5 million times or shopping soooo not much has changed LOL but I have definitely met a lot of people who I hold dear so at least I can change my outfit with a few IMs open filled with goofiness, or have some company. I’ve have this strong sense of pride that I don’t feel I had before, and even a bit of confidence that wasn’t there before. I’m usually really shy when I meet people the first time and now I’m more like “HEYYYYYYYYYY Y’ALL!” *does secret handshake I made up to look cool* haha I have to say I couldn’t imagine my SL without blogging, if I quit blogging it means I probably quit SL!
- So, why do you continue to blog? I’ve spent a year learning, advancing, networking, etc… and there is so much more of it to do! I can’t stop won’t stop like P Diddy! Yup, I said that.
Hair: Cyanne/Truth Hair/Truth Hawks
Top: Lucky Cat Dress (top) Nylon Outfitters/Nylon Pinkney (@Collabor88)
Blazer: Structured Blazer/The Secret Store/Maylee Oh (coming soon to faMESHed)
Pants: Briston Trousers/Color.Me.H.O.F/Fashionboi Landar
Shoes: Lolita Espadrilles/Gos Boutique/Gospel Voom
Caravan: Garden Cafe Caravan (Full Set)/What Next/FrankLee Anatra & Winter Thorn (@The Garden)
P.S. Mister wanted me to mention how much he is my biggest supporter and blah blah blahhhhhh, but I’m not gonna mention it because he told me to! However I will say on my own terms! that he WAS one of the first people who supported my blogging for my rez day last year he upgraded my flickr and I did kinda feel…. official when that happened like geez I’m the real deal now! so for that I give him kisses. ♥
If you have not visited this month’s collabor88 round, you are missing out on so much cuteness it should be a crime! All full of frills, lace and romance, I could gag with how sickeningly cute it all is, but I’m too busy trying it all on and squeeing!
Top: Shabby Chic Sweetheart-Lace Top/Nylon Outfitters/Nylon Pinkney (NEW@Collabor88)
Dress: Isabella Dress/Lagyo & Gizza/Gyorgyna Larnia & Giz Seorn (NEW@Collabor88)
Tights: Leather Leggings/ISON/Harry Hyx (NEW@Collabor88)
Socks: Ruffle Socks/G Field/Cerberus Noel
Shoes: Ultravox Shoes/Schadenfreude/Allegory Malaprop (NEW@Collabor88)
Pose: I’ll Be Waiting/Exposeur/RubyStarlight Writer
Hanging Bed: Hanging Outdoor Bed/Trompe Loeil/Cory Edo (NEW@Collabor88)
ALL Other Furniture by Apple Fall for March Collabor88 (NEW@Collabor88)
COLLABOR88 IS OPEEEENN! Now that I got my excitement out of the way, this months theme is Imagination, I obviously took the monochrome way with the theme but these items just came together in a way I loved so I’ll try to be bright with my next post I promise! Hope you enjoy and don’t forget to BUY ALL THINGS!
Closer view of the lashes-
Hat: Oly Hat/Glam Affair/Amberly Boccaccio (NEW @ Collabor88)
Eyelashes: Curlicue Lashes/Schadenfreude/Allegory Malaprop (NEW @ Collabor88)
Hair: Heartbreak Beat/Clawtooth/Bubbles Clawtooth (NEW @ Collabor88)
Undershirt: Ivy Drape Dress (top)/Nylon Outfitters/Nylon Pinkney (NEW @ Collabor88)
All Jewelry: Caprice Set/Yummy/Polyester Partridge (NEW @ Collabor88)
Dress: Hastings Dress/Hucci/Ebony Khan (NEW @ Collabor88)
Pants: Briston Trousers/Color.Me.H.O.F/Fashionboi Landar (NEW @ Collabor88)
Shoes: Sophia Peeptoe/Gos Boutique/Gospel Voom (NEW @ Collabor88)
Chair,Table,Bookcase: Ribbon Set/Trompe Loeil/Cory Edo (NEW @ Collabor88)
Telescope,Frames,Rug: Telescope Set/LISP/Pandora Popstar (NEW @ Collabor88)
Pose: Lotus Pose Pack/Marukin/Valencia Southard
Your limo awaits: Collabor88
Sooo these milk motion capris I loved them when I first saw them, but then I thought what the crap am I gonna wear with these! however they are cheap at TDR Fusion so I got them anyway hoping I’d get a chance to use them…well tada! Here they is. I just sort of made this all floral and grannie esque. Whoever said being a grannie was a bad thing aye? Grandma’s need love too ya’ll, don’t hate.
Hair: Rapunzel/Lelutka/Thora Charron
Sunglasses: Nelly Bugeye Glasses/Maubray/Meg Nowles (free)
Lipstick: Lip-i-tude/My SL Addictions/LyLeah Silverblade
Blazer: Tuxedo Jacket(with Tee)/COCO/Cocoro Lemon
Necklace: Floral Keepsake/Yummy/Polyester Partridge
Bra and Lace Top: Openback Lace Tee & Red Bra/Nylon Outfitters/Nylon Pinkney (@Collabor88)
Pants: Flowers Highwaist Pants/Milk Motion/Marie Lauridsen (@TDR Fusion)
Boots: Booties Bulldog/Kitties Lair/Babette Ultsch
Pose: Linka Poses/Label Motion/Anne Dakun (@ TDR Fusion) (I know I used one of these poses on the previous post, but I liked it for this one too and so I figured to hell with it! breakin alla ruuulllles)
Lawn Chairs: Garden Lawn Chair/LISP/Pandora Popstar
Table: Retro Glam Pink Phone Table/Zinnias/Zinnia Karu (@Together for Sway)
Gigi Harper ❤
P.S. The slurls for these events are in my previous post Bundolled
Today I wanted to do something a bit victorian era esque, but I was having the hardest time finding items I really liked so I put that on hold for now and came up with this look. I have no idea what I was going for but I like it! Warning you may break out in hives from the girly-ness (girliness? girlyness? you get the point) you are about to expose yourself to. 😀
Skin: Lilith/Glam Affair/Aida Ewing (@c88)
Hair: Belle/Lelutka/Thora Charron
Jewelry: Lydia Lattice Pearl/MG/Maxi Gossamer
All Lingerie: Debauchery/Etiquette/Hollee Dion (only 10L on the mp)
Tutu: Inner Ballerina/Nylon Outfitters/Nylon Pinkney (Moved it up a lot higher)
Shoes: 1970s Heels/ChaChaDee/Lissi Krell
Fan you can hardly see (fail on my part): Year of the Dragon/Maeven Designs/Sulu723 Resident (free on the mp)
Pose in photo 1: Kacey Pack/Purple Poses/Audrey Guter
Pose in photo 2: Brigite Pack/Purple Poses/Audrey Guter
Couch: My Summer Romance/Hanaya/Moriko Inshan
Table: Three Tier Cake with Roses/Hanaya/Moriko Inshan
Curtains: Curtains – A/bbqq/Omiluo Resident
P.S. Starting to love shopping on the marketplace again!